Since the evolution of video games in the 1950s, the gaming industry has made amazing innovations. Gaming consoles were invented to give players the best gaming experience ever. Gaming consoles come with dedicated game controllers, improved graphics when compared to PC and better settings.
While buying gaming consoles you should make sure the console is backwards compatible, which means you can play the games from the previous generation through your current console. You should also look at the online services they offer. You can buy the console that caters for your needs the most. If you didn’t know, some gaming consoles can also be used to watch movies, play music and do more.
Peripherals of the gaming console should also be checked. If you are going to play a VR game, you should make sure the game console comes with a VR set. These features improve the gaming experience to a great extent. To further elevate the gaming experience, cross-platform technology was invented.
Cross-platform is an advanced gaming technology that allows multiple players to play a game together at the same time. When a game is supported in more than one gaming console, then the game supports cross-platform. This feature is a huge thing in the gaming realm. Earlier more games were ‘exclusives’, which means they were available only in specific gaming consoles. A game available on PS4 will not be available on Xbox.
This made players develop a dilemma while purchasing gaming consoles. They should check what games are available in a particular gaming console before buying it. Eg: Mario was only available on Nintendo. Cross-platform technology made a game available for multiple gaming platforms. But, the technology is still in development. Not all games support cross-platform as the technology involves huge investment and a lot of time & effort.
Only certain games support cross-platform. Titanfall 2 is one of the highly popular games in the market. Players of the game are keen to know if Titanfall 2 is cross-platform. Is it? Let us know now!
A Quick Introduction to Titanfall 2
Released in 2016, Titanfall 2 is a sequel to Titanfall (2014). This is a first-person shooter video game. Published by Electronic Arts, the game was developed by Respawn Entertainment. The initial versions of the game were released for Xbox One, Play Station 4, and Windows.
Players will control the powerful titans in this game. The titans are powerful and can run on the walls, indulge in cloaking. The game is set in a science-fiction world.
The plot of the game revolves around Rifleman Jack Cooper, who will join with the titan of his mentor after the mentor was killed. The mission of these two is to stop the launch of a superweapon, which has the potential to destroy the peace of Militia planet.
Titanfall 2 received positive feedback & critical acclaim after its release in 2016. The game was widely appreciated for its multi-player modes, design and gameplay. Despite the game receiving positive reviews, it didn’t perform well in sales, as it was released during the launch of highly popular games like Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Battlefield 1.
After the initial release, the game released several upgrades and downloadable content. It was also nominated for numerous awards. The popular question among gamers now is if Titanfall 2 is cross-platform. We don’t want to make you wait any further. The answer to this question is right below:
Is Titanfall 2 Cross-Platform in 2021?
No. Titanfall 2 is not cross-platform in 2021. But, we have good news for you! The developer of the game has announced that the game will support cross-platform in the future. Though there is no specific year or time allotted, we can believe that the cross-platform feature for this game will arrive pretty soon.
So, you have to wait until Respawn Entertainment, the developer of the game makes it cross-platform. They have officially announced that they are working super hard to make the game cross-platform. As soon as the game is approved for cross-platform, players can enjoy numerous advantages.
Five main advantages include:
- You can play the game with your friends and fellow players together at the same time without any restrictions
- You will have plenty of options to choose your opponent. You can also choose an opponent as skilled as you, to match your gaming skills
- You don’t have to buy a different console to play the game, as the game will be available for all gaming consoles
- People having multiple gaming platforms can play the game from any console they want
- The quality of the game will be the same across all the gaming platforms. No player will have an advantage over another player. There will be no lags or differences in performance between different gaming consoles
- Is Red Dead Redemption 2 Cross-Platform?
- Is Dying Light Cross-Platform?
- Is Roblox Cross-Platform?
- Is Apex Legends Cross-Platform?
- Is Sea of Thieves Cross-Platform?
- Is Rogue Company Cross-Platform?
- Is the Division 2 Cross-Platform?
- Is FIFA 21 Cross-Platform?
- Is Ark Cross-Platform?
- Is Far Cry 5 Cross-Platform?
Is Titanfall 2 Cross-Platform PC and Xbox One?
Nope! Like we already mentioned, Titanfall 2 is not cross-platform across different game platforms. So, cross-platform is not possible between PC and Xbox One as of now. However, the feature may soon be available, as the developers of the game are working sincerely to bring the cross-platform facility soon to the game.
Is Titanfall 2 Cross-Platform PS5 and Xbox One?
The answer is No. Titanfall 2 is not cross-platform between PS5 and Xbox One. It is not cross-platform between different game platforms. So, players with PS5 and Xbox One cannot play the game together.
There are chances for the cross-platform upgrade to happen in the next few years. You have to wait until then.
- Is Madden 21 Cross-Platform?
- Is Rec Room Cross-Platform?
- Is Castle Crashers Cross-Platform?
- Is Mortal Kombat 11 Cross-Platform?
- Is Battlefront 2 Cross-Platform?
- Is Elite Dangerous Cross-Platform?
- Is Payday 2 Cross-Platform?
- Is ESO Cross-Platform?
- Is COD Modern Warfare Cross-Platform?
- Is Fallout 76 Cross-Platform?
Is Titanfall 2 Cross-Platform PS4 and PS5?
Yes. A cross-platform feature is available between PS4 and PS5 gaming consoles. As PS4 and PS5 use the same online services, the cross-platform feature is possible between these consoles.
1. What are the gaming platforms in which Titanfall 2 is available?
Titanfall 2 is available on gaming platforms including Play Station, Xbox, and PC.
2. Does Titanfall 2 support cross-progression?
No. Titanfall 2 does not support cross-progression. This means you cannot continue your gaming progress from Xbox consoles if you had previously played the game on Play Station consoles. The Cross-progression feature allows players to continue their game progress from different gaming consoles.
3. What is the Titanfall 2 game about?
Titanfall 2 is a first-person shooter video game, with an interesting storyline. The plot revolves around Rifleman Jack Cooper, who will join the titan of his mentor after the mentor gets killed. The mission of these two is to stop the launch of a superweapon, which has the potential to destroy the peace of Militia planet.
- Is Borderlands 3 Cross-Platform?
- Is Fall Guys Cross-Platform?
- Is UFC 4 Cross-Platform?
- Is Dead By Daylight Cross-Platform?
- Is Dark Souls 3 Cross-Platform?
- Is Minecraft Cross-Platform?
- Is Jump Force Cross-Platform?
- Is Call of Duty: Black Ops III Cross-Platform?
- Is Forza Horizon 4 Cross-Platform?
- Is Overcooked 2 Cross-Platform?
To conclude, Titanfall 2 is not cross-platform in 2021. But, the game’s developer has officially announced that the game will support cross-platform shortly. Therefore, we can place our trust in the cross-platform feature for this game, as it may arrive in the next few years. Concerning cross-progression, Titanfall 2 does not support cross-progression. Along with the cross-platform upgrade, players are also waiting for the developer of the game to launch a cross-progression feature for the game. Was the article interesting enough to keep you hooked to the page? If yes, share it with your friends and watch this space for more updates!
- 1 A Quick Introduction to Titanfall 2
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion