Transferring files from your PC to your android phone is a common necessity for everyone. There are many reasons why a person would need to transfer files from PC to phone. Like if you don’t have an internet connection on your PC but you need to send some documents or other files via email then would need to transfer the document and files from your PC to your Android phone and send the files attached to your mail from your phone. There may be other reasons for you to transfer the files.
Modes of transferring files are many. The simplest and the oldest method of transferring files is USB. However, there may chances that you don’t have a USB at that particular time, or maybe your USB isn’t working. In that case, what will you do? There are various options to transfer files from PC to Android and vice versa. Here are few options are given that you can use to transfer your files from PC to android without using USB.
Methods to transfer files from PC to your Android phone
There are several methods to transfer files from PC to Android phone. The methods are given below in steps:
- Transfer files from PC to Android via Bluetooth
Bluetooth is also one of the oldest methods to transfer files from a phone. While it’s not a good option for bigger-sized files but it’s very convenient to share smaller-sized files. Earlier laptops and PCs weren’t Bluetooth enabled but now almost all the PCs come up with Bluetooth features so why not use the feature? Below are the steps to transfer files via Bluetooth
- First, make sure that you have switched on your PC Bluetooth. If it’s active you will be able to see the icon of Bluetooth in the system tray. The icon will display the Action Centre to show you if the Bluetooth is on or off.
- In the setting window select Bluetooth and other devices. When the Bluetooth setting windows to come select “Add Bluetooth or other devices.”
- In the Add a Device popup menu that comes on the screen select the Bluetooth option and search for your Android device. On the other hand, in your Android phone, you have to open your Bluetooth settings and click the refresh icon to reactivate search and functionality, or else the windows won’t discover it.
- Click on your Android device when it appears on the “add a device popup.” With this select your PC name on your Android device when the Windows attempts to connect. Windows will pair the two devices.
- To pair the two devices, Windows will show you a code. This will make sure that you are connecting to the right device. You also have to put the code in your Android phone as it asks for. Verify both the codes. They should match. Then select “Yes.”
- Once you have clicked next the two devices should be paired. Now you are ready to send your files from PC to your Android phone.
Transfer of files via Wi-Fi
If your PC is connected to Wi-fi then this method should be easy for you.
Using Wi-Fi is also one of the simplest modes of transferring a file from PC to Android. Wi-fi lets you transfer from your PC to your phone or tablet and vice versa over a wireless connection without any USB cable. AnyDroid is another mode to transfer files from Android.
It’s the best transfer tool for Android and it has been trusted by millions of Android users to transfer their data safely. Over Wi-Fi. Below are listed the outstanding features of transferring files via Wi-Fi (AnyDroid)
- Time-saving & Labour saving
Here you just need to scan a QR code and then select the files you need to transfer. The AnyDroid will help you to transfer the selected items to your PC in few minutes.
- Huge Coverage of File types
AnyDroid supports transferring more than 20 file categories which include photos, contacts, messages, videos, contacts, calendars, and more.
- Multiple Direction transfer Support
If you need further that, that is if you need to transfer files from PC to Android or from Android to iOS or from iOS to Android or even from Android to Android, head to AnyDroid to make the file transfers easy.
Steps to transfer files from PC to Android using Wi-Fi (AnyDroid)
- Step 1. Download and install Android on your smartphone. Go to the App Store/ Play Store to download AnyDroid and install it on your computer.
- Step 2. Connect your phone with your computer. Then tap on the Scan button which is on the top right corner of your mobile phone and then scan the QR code will show on your computer.
- Step 3. After scanning chooses Data Transfer mode. Then, to select the files on your PC choose Add Content mode.
- Step 4. Select the photos to form the PC that you want to transfer. Select your preferred photos that you want to transfer from your PC to your phone and click on the Open button on the lower right side of the window.
- Step 5. Transfer photos from your PC to your Android phone. Check the items. Click on the Next button and transfer the photos from your PC to your Android phone.
Transfer files from PC to Android using Xender
Another wireless tool that can be used to transfer files from Android and PC is Xender.
Features of Xender
Various features of Xender are given below:
- Simple user interface
- Connect devices within few seconds
- File transferring speed is awesome
- Files can be transferred from Android to PC. PC to Android, Android to Android, and Android to Mac
- Files can also be transferred without using the internet
- Multiple platform support- The app is available for Android, Mac, and Windows
Method of transferring files using Xender (without internet)
- Step 1. Install the latest version of the Xender app. (You need internet for this step)
- Step 2. Open Xender App. From the options that pop up choose ‘Connect to PC”.
- Step 3. Because it’s a file transferring method without using an internet connection tap the circular button on your device’s hotspot which comes on the right middle side.
- Step 4. The next step is to connect the Xender Wi-Fi network
- Step 5. Open your preferred browser to enter the URL provided in the Xender screen (http://192.168.43.1:33455)
- Step 6. Accept the connection permission that comes in your phone to initiate cable-free file transfer between your computer and your phone.
- Step 7. Now choose any category that comes on the screen to download files through Xender without a data connection.
If you prefer to transfer files using Xender with an internet connection then make sure your PC and computer are sharing the same Wi-Fi network. Then skip step 2 from the above method. Instead of step 2 open your computer browser and enter “http://web.xender.com” then tap on “SCAN” on your phone and scan the QR code shown on your browser screen to start the connection between both the devices.
Benefits of transferring files without a USB
File sharing is an essential thing and nowadays people have to do it almost regularly. There are advantages of sharing files without the USB.
- All the time, you might be carrying a USB cable with you. However, that should not stop you from sharing photos and videos with the world. Wireless file-sharing options let you transfer files any place.
- Files of various sizes. You might have come across problems while sharing bigger files using the USB. Transfer large files become convenient when you use a good network connection.
- Wireless file sharing allows you to collaborate with people across the globe. The geographical barrier cannot stop you from sharing files and happiness.
- When you share files using the wireless method, you do not have to maintain a central file server. You can share your files, photos, and music even without that
Transferring files might seem to be a challenging task but if as you start the process you will get to know that the steps are simple. There are a lot of options present to transfer your files but the above-handpicked options are truly simple. Both the methods of using the internet and without using the internet are given here. Choose the methods according to your convenience.
Can I use Wi-Fi to transfer files from PC to android phone?
Yes, you can transfer files using this wireless method. Wi-Fi network helps in the best manner to transfer files from PC to android.
Can the files be transferred to the android device?
Yes, you can transfer your chosen files from PC to any android device. It can be a smartphone or a tab.
What is the security measure to follow while transferring files from PC to android?
Make sure your PC has a proper anti-virus in place. This way, you can prevent the virus or malware from getting transferred to your smart android device.