Snapchat has gained immense popularity in a short period, thanks to the interactive gameplay and user experience. But what stands out in this particular app is the ephemeral content. You can have content that’s visible for 24 hours and then goes away without leaving any check marks.
But, one of the biggest issues that people have with using Snapchat is the “Opened” text that comes up when you open any of the messages.
Most people aren’t even aware of the fact that you can work around the issue effortlessly and without any complaints. This article will walk you through all the steps you need to follow when it comes to opening a snap without the sender knowing about it.
How to View a Snapchat without Opening it?
If you are completely new to using Snapchat, chances are that you’d feel confused about how to open and view a message without the other person knowing it.
To be fair, the way to view Snapchat without opening it is quite simple. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- If you received a new message from a friend or a stranger on Snapchat, the first thing you have to do is open the Conversations tab.
- Once the snap is fully loaded, you will find a pink square as well as the New Snap tag beside the said message. Ensure that you have the New Chat option visible.
- Once you notice that, immediately switch your phone into Airplane mode. This will disable your internet on the phone. You can also disable your internet connectivity and then open the new Snapchat message that your friend has sent you.
- Once you are done seeing the message, don’t enable the internet connectivity immediately. Instead, go to Settings and then clear the cache in your Snapchat app before you switch on the app.
- If you are confused about how to do it, you can find it under the Account Actions section and then Clear the Cache from there. Once done, tap on Okay to confirm.
- Once you have done all of that, you can then switch off the airplane mode and get started with your Snapchat activity again.
How to View a Snapchat with the Half-Swiping Method?
Once a new Snap is opened, the app will immediately notify the users who have sent you the message. So, if you don’t want the same happening to you and you don’t wish to notify the sender that has sent the message.
The half-swiping method is pretty simple and here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Snapchat application and open the chat page from there
- Tap on the New Snap label or the New Chat label under the friend’s name under the chat tab
- Click right on the message, simultaneously ensuring that you keep your finger in the display, ensuring that you don’t swipe completely right on it.
- Once you have started to read the message, carefully slide your finger slowly to the tiny border on the screen. This should allow you to read the entire message without any hassle at all.
Once you are done reading the message, you can slide the toggle to the left and it will leave the message unread and you would be able to leave the message unread without any hassle.
Does Someone get a Notification When you View their Message?
If you have seen someone’s message on Snapchat, it doesn’t send any kind of notification to the sender.
However, the other person who has sent you the message will be able to witness the “Opened” message on the screen. The trick with half-opened messages on Snapchat is the fact that you can read the message but the other person won’t know you have seen their message, which is a bonus.
None of your Snap actions will send any kind of notification to the other sender, so there is nothing you have to worry about.
How To Read Snapchat Messages Without Opening the Chat?
If you want to read the new Snapchat messages without opening the chat, there are a few steps you can sort out:
- Start by opening your Snapchat app and then tap on the Profile
- Tap on the Chat icon that is present at the bottom of the menu
- From there, locate the message that you wish to read.
- Then, tap and long press on the profile icon and swipe toward the left
- However, this is where you need to be careful.
- Instead of swiping completely towards the left, you need to gradually slide it left until you can read the entire message but not read it entirely.
- Once you are done reading the message, you can go ahead and it should return to Unread.
Are there Apps to Read Snapchat Messages Without Opening?
At present, there are no apps available that allow users to read Snapchat messages without opening them. So, you can go ahead and directly open the Snapchat message that you just received.
But, other than that, you can’t find applications that can allow you to read Snapchat messages without letting the other person know that you opened them.
Why Does Snapchat Say “Opened Just Now”?
It doesn’t matter when you have opened the Snapchat message, the message always comes as “Opened just now”, which means that even if you opened the message around 10 hours ago, it will still show up as “Opened just now.”
So, if you are confused why it is showing as “just now”, be assured that it happens all the time, irrespective of the time you have opened the message.
Snapchat is a very popular social media platform among the younger generation, thanks to the ephemeral content and the variety of available filters. However, we’d recommend that you focus on finding ways to read the messages without the sender having an idea about it. The Airplane method is no doubt the most effective method of the lot, something that we’d recommend you do compare to the other methods.
- 1 How to View a Snapchat without Opening it?
- 2 Conclusion