There’s no doubt that Windows is a user-friendly operating system that is great to work with. But sometimes it makes things complex by showing various error codes.
Windows error codes can be really annoying as they hinder your workflow and waste your time. Some errors can stop you from working on your computer completely. One such issue is the error code 0x0 0x0.
If your computer is showing this error, it means there’s something wrong with your system. But like all other Windows errors, this one is fixable too. All you need to do is apply the right approach.
In this post, we will provide you with a detailed guide to fix the error 0x0 0x0 issue. Along with that, we will also discuss the causes of the error. So without wasting any time, let’s get into the details.
What is the 0x0 0x0 error code?
The 0x0 0x0 error occurs when you try to join the Windows Insider program. However, this error code can appear in other places as well.
You can also encounter this error when Microsoft crashes. It will keep appearing as pops up a notification on your screen unless it is fixed.
The biggest problem with this type of error is that it happens without warning. The error message can show up on the screen anytime when you run Microsoft and it will keep occurring again and again if not corrected properly.
Causes of Error 0x0 0x0
Before moving on to the solution part, you must have an idea about the reasons that lead to this issue.
This error message primarily occurs when your system starts malfunctioning within Windows. Apart from that, it can also occur because of incorrect system settings. Another possible reason could be a wrong entry made in your Windows registry file.
The 0x0 error can also occur when you install or uninstall software incorrectly. Sometimes you get this error message when you shut you’re your PC incorrectly. For instance, when there’s a power cut and your system gets shut down suddenly.
Another big reason that can trigger this issue is when your computer is under a virus or malware attack. If this is the case, you shouldn’t take the situation lightly. Last but not the least, you can encounter this error message when you try to join the Windows Insider program. This happens because the service is disabled from the “Services” section in the Task Manager.
To sum it up, various possible reasons can result in the Windows 0x0 error. Before you apply any solution method, you must find out the reason that’s causing it. This will help you choose the right approach to fix the issue.
In the guide below, you will find a host of solutions that can help you fix the 0x0 0x0 error. You must follow all the steps meticulously to get the desired results.
Method 1: Enable Windows Insider Service
If you realize that the 0x0 error is showing because of the Windows Insider Service being disabled, then you should apply this fix. It is an effective method that should solve the issue permanently. But if you ignore the issue, it will only make things worse.
To fix this error, you need to enable the Windows Insider Service from the Task Manager. For this, you need to follow these steps:
- Press “Ctrl,” “Shift,” and “Esc” keys together to launch the Task Manager. Alternatively, you can also open the Task Manager from the Windows Search bar.
- Go to the “Services” tab at the top of the Task Manager. You will be shown different options, but you need to select “Open Services”. You can spot this option near the bottom of the screen.
- You will be taken to a new window called “Services.” Scroll down to the option Windows Insider Service near the bottom and double-click on it to move to the next step.
- This will open another small-scale window, where you need to access the “General” settings of the Windows Insider Service.
- Now click on the menu which is located beside the setting “Startup type.” If the option is set to “Disabled” then you know the 0x0 issue is occurring because of it.
- Choose either “Automatic” or “Manual” as the startup option. Opting for both of them will fix the issue. You should opt for the “Manual” option so the service only opens when you want it to. Once you are done click “OK” to finalize the process.
- Now go to the Windows Insider Program and check if the issue is still there. If the error is still there, you should try the other methods mentioned in this guide.
Method 2: Close Conflicting Programs
The error 0x0 code also occurs when programs conflict with each other. The best way to solve this issue is by closing the conflicting programs.
Here is what you need to do:
- At first, launch Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl-Alt-Del keys at the same time. By doing so, you will know the programs that are currently running.
- Access the Processes tab and start closing the programs one by one. You can do this by highlighting each program and then clicking on the End Process option.
- While closing the programs, keep a check if the error code is showing each time you close a process.
- Once you know which program is causing the error, you can move to the next troubleshooting step, which includes reinstalling the software.
Method 3: Run Disk Cleanup
The runtime error 0x0 can also occur if you have low storage space on your computer. In this case, freeing up some storage can solve the issue. But before you proceed with this step, you should consider backing up your data. You can also clear the system cache and restart your computer.
- To run disk cleanup, launch the explorer window and right-click the main directory.
- Next, click Properties and select the Disk Cleanup option to initiate the process.
Method 4: Try Optimizing Feedback and Diagnostics Settings
The Windows Insider program, as well as the Windows OS, depends largely on the user’s feedback. The “Privacy” section in your Windows settings includes the “Diagnostics and feedback” area. This particular area is directly related to the Insider program, causing the 0x0 error. To fix this issue, you need to go to this section and toggle the relevant settings.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- The first thing you need to do is open the “Settings” of your device. You can locate this application either in the Windows Start Menu or in your Taskbar.
- On the Settings page, select the “Privacy” area and proceed ahead.
- Find the option “Diagnostics and feedback” and click on it.
- Go to the “Diagnostic data” section and select “Optional diagnostic data.”
- Now turn on the toggle that is below the “Improve inking and typing” section. Repeat the same thing with the “Tailored experiences” area as well.
Well, that’s all you need to do to repair the 0x0 error. Make sure that you follow all the steps correctly to get the desired results.
Method 5: Apply The Registry Solution
In case, the above-mentioned methods fail to work, you can try the registry solution. Just so you know the Registry Editor makes an important part of the Windows 10 OS. It allows users with administrator privileges to access and modify the different registry files of the system. This program is needed to delete corrupted files and replace the missing ones.
To fix this issue, we are going to take a good look at the “WindowsSelfHost” registry. This is the specific registry that causes the 0x error.
Follow these instructions to get started:
- To start, you need to first launch the Windows Registry application. For this, you need to open the “Run” prompt and type “regedit” in it. Alternatively, you can also access the app through the Windows Start Menu. It is recommended to open the app as an administrator so that you don’t have to face any difficulties.
- Check out the left column and you will see a whole list of registry entries there. You must follow a specific sequence to find the registry you want.
- At first, click on the arrow sign beside “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” and then choose “SOFTWARE.”
- Now select “Microsoft” and scroll down to locate the “WindowsSelfHost” registry.
- You are required to remove this registry. Before proceeding to the next step, export the registry to your File Explorer. Right-click on the relevant area and tap the “Export” option.
- Once done, click on the “Save” option to finalize.
- Next, right-click on the relevant area and then hit the “Delete” option to get it over with.
- This will delete the “WindowsSelfHostKey” registry.
- After you are done with the above steps, restart your PC to let the system process everything.
After restarting your PC check if the problem is solved. This is a very effective method and works almost every time.
Method 6: Run the SFC Tool
One of the many reasons behind the 0x0 error is corrupted or missing registry files in the system. The best solution to this is to run the SFC tool. It scours your Windows OS to look for anything that is not supposed to be there. In other words, it helps in detecting anomalies and fixes them to solve the issue. That being said, now let’s take a look at the steps.
- At first, open the Command Prompt by using the Windows Start menu. Alternatively, you can also press the “Windows” and “X” keys to launch the Command Prompt.
- Next enter “sfc /scannow” in the command line. This will start the verification process. It can take several minutes, so you need to be a bit patient.
- Now the SFC command will automatically detect the issues within the system and fix them for you.
- Once you are done with the above steps, open the Windows Insider program and check whether the issue is solved. There’s a good chance that your problem is taken care of.
Method 7: Reinstall The Graphics Driver
The error 0x0 can also be caused due to a bad graphics driver. In that case, you will need to reinstall the graphics driver.
Here is what you need to do:
- First, open the Device Manager and locate the graphics driver that is creating the problem.
- Now right-click the video card driver and hit the uninstall option.
- After that restart your computer and reinstall the graphics driver.
Method 8: IE Related Runtime Error
If the error is occurring because of Internet Explorer, then you will need to follow these steps.
- Reset your browser:
For Windows 7, click Start and then go to Control Panel. Now click on the Internet Options and select the “Advanced tab.” Find the Reset button and click on it.
For Windows 8 and 10, click search and enter Internet Options. Next access the “Advanced tab” and click on the Reset option.
- Disable script debugging and error notifications:
On the Internet Options window, access the “Advanced tab” and search for the option Disable script debugging.
Enable the radio button.
At the same time, uncheck the option “Display a Notification about every Script Error.” After that click on Apply and then OK.
Once that is done, reboot your PC.
If these fixes don’t work, you can take a backup of your data and files and run repair reinstall on your PC.
The 0x0 0x0 error is a very common issue faced by Windows users. It not only disrupts your workflow but also stops you from working on your computer. But the good news is it is very much fixable. You can follow the solutions mentioned in this guide to fix the problem permanently. If you don’t have the confidence to do it yourself, you can go to someone who has good technical knowledge.
- 1 What is the 0x0 0x0 error code?
- 2 Causes of Error 0x0 0x0
- 3 Repair Methods
- 4 Final Words